PF PHOTO CONTEST - Now That's Funny (1/12-1/18)

In summary, this week's picture must contain something that is funny or amusing. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.Now That's Funny! Contest starts
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Now That's Funny!

This week's picture must contain something that is funny or amusing. It cannot be a photo of a picture, painting, mural, screen shot, comic panel, etc.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a grey area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
JP knows how to get my immediate attention:

http://www.astroskwurl.net/jp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a picture I took of our neighbor's daughter about 25 years ago. We were having a birthday party and she saw the balloons as a quick route to breast augmentation. She came strutting into the room showing off her new "figure", but got a little shy when she saw my camera and had to be gently "persuaded" to pose. A few months ago, I emailed her this scan, and she emailed me back a picture of her little girl wearing balloon "breasts" under her sweater.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7666/funnygf7.jpg

This is the main reason I took the canopy off my bed. It was cute when she was little:frown: :biggrin:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/355259795_cb57260c16_o.jpg" to what the underside looked like.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/355259795_cb57260c16_o.jpg

355259793_e45a61c0a7_o.jpg

Likes Patzee
328939323_de8545d665.jpg

look can be deceiving =)

I wish I could post video for this contest! I'm sitting here watching Ember, who is watching a bug fly around the light on the ceiling. She's just sitting there with her head going in little circles as she watches the bug circling. :smile: I wonder how long this will keep her entertained. :biggrin:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4867/areyoucomfortablept3.jpg

My cat. He always crams himself into these tiny little cardboard boxes like that, and it looks amazingly uncomfortable, but he will sit like that for an hour or so and not even move. :-)

dontdisturbmycircles said:
My cat. He always crams himself into these tiny little cardboard boxes like that, and it looks amazingly uncomfortable, but he will sit like that for an hour or so and not even move. :-)

Nice pic! He looks pretty laid back to me! Give the poor lad a pillow or something! :biggrin:

deerhake.11 said:
328939323_de8545d665.jpg

look can be deceiving =)

You get extra credit. It took me a full 10 seconds to figure out what was funny, which makes it even better. :smile:

Here's mine.

I saw this was on one of my walks by the lake. This goose obviously found a very comfortable place to rest, but the name of the boat just made it funnier.

IMG_2572.jpg

Zz.

Likes Patzee
berkeman said:
You get extra credit. It took me a full 10 seconds to figure out what was funny, which makes it even better. :smile:

haha yeah.. i wish I'd gotten a little lower to the ground to take the pic, it might be a little more obvious that way.

plastic picnic tables... who's idea was that? lol

Just a reminder that you have 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

eyes1.jpg

I was bored and had a whole bag of sticky eyes. :biggrin:

What a great pose! Beautiful cat!

1. What is the theme of the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Now That's Funny?

The theme of this contest is humor and comedy. Participants are encouraged to submit funny photos that will make the judges and viewers laugh.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

Anyone can participate in the contest as long as they follow the rules and guidelines set by the organizers. This contest is open to all ages and nationalities.

3. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, you can either post it on your public Instagram account with the hashtag #PFFunnyContest or send it via email to the contest organizers. Make sure to include your name and contact information in the submission.

4. How will the winners be selected?

The winners will be selected by a panel of judges based on the creativity, humor, and quality of the photos. The judges' decision is final and cannot be contested.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The first-place winner will receive a cash prize of $500, while the second and third-place winners will receive $300 and $200, respectively. There will also be several honorable mentions with a prize of $100 each. All winners will also have their photos featured on the PF website and social media pages.